Monday, March 14, 2016


Hi Everyone!
Got some cool things for you today. Make sure to follow along.

Yes it's that time again. Time to check out the fun things the Stampers Dozen Team is up to. 

Today we are working a Color Challenge. Sometimes that is tough for me as I'm such a White Card Girl. I think I had my Cake and Ate it too. lol
I figured out how to still make my card mostly white and showcase each color. haha
Here are the Colors! Which by the way are the colors from the Wildflower Fields Designer Paper that you can get for FREE with a $50 order. Sweet huh? 


...and here is my Card. Hope you like it. 


  • So what I did was cut a card base 4 1/4  x 11 and score at 5 1/2 
  • Cut a mat that is 3 3/4 x 5
  • Cut strips of all the colors 1/8" x 4
  • Glued the stips onto the card mat and let dry then snipped the ends off. * Tip: I like to make the pieces a bit longer so that I don't go short and then can snip. Plus I have something to hold while positioning. 
  • I used the Helping Me Grow Stamp Set and actually cut the flower image into two pieces to make it a bit more versatile. I stamped the image twice and water colored with my aqua painter and Blackberry Bliss and Calypso Coral. Just squeeze your pad together to get come ink in the lid and you have a place to pick your color up. Color your Flowers and fussy cut them out. 
  • The Happy Birthday came from Number or Years Stamp Set. I stamped between the lines for that. Tip #2 if you mess up? don't despair. Ask me how I know this? lol Just cut a few long strips less than an inch stamp and insert into the area over your mistake. lol
  • I cut a piece of the Hello Honey to 1 1/8 x 1 5/8 and then I notched in one end to look like a Modern Vase and drew lines with my Wink of Stella. 
  • Attach the mat to the card base using Dimensionals and then add the Flowers and vase. 
That's it!  Pretty Easy!
I hope you enjoyed my share today. I look forward to seeing you again. 
Love reading comments so please do and if you need anything or have questions about Stamping don't hesitate to ask. That's why I'm here! 

Ready to continue on? Ready to hop on to see what the others have done with these colors? 

Click Here to Visit Patty Chenail's blog

Click Here to visit Kristin Kortonick's  Blog

That's it for today. Have a great week!



post signature

4 comments:

Rose Ann Marr said...

Great card Lee, love the pops of colors on white. Thank you for sharing. You are always an inspiration.

Phyllis Strickland said...

Love your card.

BTW next blog comes spins back to your pos and Janet Wakeland doesn't have a Stampers Dozen post...

Sandi MacIver said...

another beautiful "LEE' card!......

Dana M said...

I love the stripes of color, what a great way to represent all of the colors in the challenge. Great card Lee!