Friday, October 21, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge #226

Hi Everyone,

Are you ready for some stamping??? This was kind of a last minute card for me….I’ve just been so busy but wanted to play along for sure. So I went to my Go to set for last minute Cards called Easy Events. It’s really an adorable set. You can dress it up or dress it down…it’s easy peasy!

Here is the sketch this week….SSC226

….and my interpretation.

 sketches 226-228-229 and Countdown 3 016

As I said I used the Easy Events Set and stamped in Black Stazon for the cute flower and didn’t want the saying on it so put a piece of scotch tape over to mask it.

Both the Blushing Bride and the Designer Series Paper are cut to 2 x 4 1/8. I then used some scraps of Old Olive and used the Ribbon border Punch to line around it as a faux mat. The Blushing Bride Piece has been run through the Big Shot to give it a little texture using the Polka Dot Embossing Folder.

I used the Large Scallop Circle Punch that houses a cirlce of Blushing Bride cut with my Circles Die and the image piece is stamped and punched with my 1 3/4 Circle Punch. It adhered to the card with Dimensionals. The Ribbon is the Blushing Bride Twill and matches just perfectly.

I hope you like it and will visit Stamping 411 to see what the other Operators are up to. Have a great weekend.

post signature

6 comments:

Patti Chesky said...

Lee, I really love this card. The subtle colors when placed together just "pop". I haven't even played with this stamp set yet. I will now!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Lee. I love the layers with the scallop edges.

Carrie Gaskin said...

So soft and pretty, Lee. I just love that you've layered each panel with little scallops - makes your design just pop!

Selene Kempton said...

So soft and pretty! I just love this card! I've recently received emails from my customers about your cards saying "did you see Lee's card this week?" You're a star.. :D

Carol Carriveau said...

So soft and pretty and very feminine - can be used for many circumstances. TFS!

Unknown said...

This card is just so pretty!! Love the colors too!!