So this month we get to do some watercoloring. I love to watercolor! Do you?? It's probably one of my fav things to do. I might not be the best at it but still love it.
I used the Garden in Bloom Stamp Set as I searched the catalog for images that could be watercolored. There were several or a lot really but I wanted to give this a shot. Garden in Bloom is a Two-Step Stamp but I decided to color it in rather than do the 2nd step.
As you can see I used the same flower for the whole thing just used a lot of different colors for this beautiful bouquet!
So I bet you are thinking that I cut the flowers out, right? Nope!
I did masking on this one. So I stamped the first flower the yellowish one in front. Put a stamped image over it that had been cut out on a post it note and stamped the one to the left and so forth. I ended up with three masks to get the effect I wanted. Colored them in one at a time and then thought....now what?
Of course I got a smudge of ink under the flowers and thought....hmmmm I need a vase.
So out came my Circles Die and I cut a circle but no way was it going to line up with my flowers.
So I cut the top part off and then used my Exacto Knife and cut around the base of the flowers and leaves and slipped that vase right under it. It worked perfectly.
btw.....I embossed the vase and taped it down before sliding it under the flowers. Then I trimmed the rest of the circle off the bottom and matted it onto black.
Yay!! I covered up my mistake!
...but wait....I got ink at the top too....someone needs to wash her hands I think! What to do? Well I stamped the bee and popped that little thing right over that spot. Don't tell anyone, okay?
Phew! Glad that's done! lol
Here are the supplies I used to create this.
- Garden In Bloom Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- Daffodil Delight 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Aqua Painters
- Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad
- Elegant Eggplant Classic Stampin' Pad
- Calypso Coral Classic Stampin' Pad
- Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin' Pad
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad
- Boho Chic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Please let me know if I can help you with any of your stamping needs.
- That's what I'm here for!
Click on the bar or see the list of Design Team Members below.
Thanks so much for stopping by. See you next time!