Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Guy Greetings for Stamper Dozen Blog Hop

Hi Everyone,

We are doing this blog hop a little early as a lot of us will be in Hawaii for the Stampin’ Up! Incentive trip. I’m so excited. So we get to work together and vacation together. How fun!!!

You came here from the talented Patty Chenails Blog and if not make sure to visit!

 stampers dozen previous button

Todays challenge is called “Manly May” and we were to do a “Man Card”, I chose the “Guy Greetings” Set from the Occasion's Catalog for my card along with the “Open Sea” for a image of the sea ledger. I love “Guy Greetings” because there are so many different images and words you can use easily for that man or men in your life. Here is my card…for my husband who is definitely my Anchor and my Hero!!

stampers dozen card may 6th

Directions:

  • Watercolor Paper Card Stock: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2  for the base and 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 for the image piece and a little scrap for the anchor.
  • Stamp the image on the card from Open Sea with Versamark but before doing so rub your embossing buddy across it re deflect and stray specks of embossing powder. Then sprinkle Gold Embossing Powder over the image and heat set with your heat tool.
  • Do the same for the Anchor and the saying.
  • I then dipped the edges of the mat into the versamark pad gently and embossed all the edges.
  • The know was made with our Gold Bakers Twine and tied in a “S” knot. I didn’t know how to do this but googled it and found out. that was interesting! lol
  • I then cut a liner for my envelope using the Gold Foil Paper to finish off this project and to make it add some richness to it.

I hope you like it.

If you would like to recreate this this is what you will need.

Supplies needed:

Make sure to visit Jan Wakelands blog too…she’s next and is fabulous!

         stampers dozen next button

Thanks for joining us today. Wishing you wonderfully fun time on the hop!

post signature

2 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Loving your card Lee....will be CASEing it for my husband's birthday in June!!! Hope you do not mind.....have a fabulous time in Hawaii..you all deserve it!

janet wakeland said...

Love this card! elegant!