Sunday, November 18, 2012

Festive Happy Hour!!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Here is my Card Share of the Day Featuring the “Happy Hour” Stamp Set. It’s such a cute set I wanted to do something a bit different and make it festive…not sure but I think it’s cute.

This again is one of the sets on sale Starting Monday, November 19th. Clear is #126642 –$16.46 and Wood 126640- $22.46 (make sure to use these numbers as they are different than the ones in the catty. If you want the sale  price you have to enter the sale numbers.) Entire Sale List Here

Now for the card…

SAM_2556

I started out with wanting to do an elegant card and ended up with more of a whimsical card. Too funny!

  • Card Base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 in Whisper White
  • White Arglyle Mat is 4 x 5 1/4 run through the Big Shot with the Arglye Folder
  • Garden Green Mat is 2 3/4 x 4
  • The image piece is 2 5/8 x 3 7/8
  • I stamped the three Champagne Glasses in So Saffron and they looked very paling to me so I blinged them up with colored Rhinestones….done with Sharpies. Okay now we’re getting festive and not so elegant, right?
  • I then stamped the Cheers! sentiment in Garden Green and thought what should I put on the other side to balance it. Well a bow of course! I didn’t have any Real Red Ribbon and you know I love the Seam Binding so made my own with a marker on the Very Vanilla Seam Binding and made a single bow with my bow maker. and attached with a glue dot.
  • It was still blank to me so I started to doodle…..maybe got a little carried away with the doodles and dots but it’s Festive Right?
  • Then I ended it up thinking it needed some Dazzling Diamonds…..Holy Moly this simple card with one simple stamp was a work in progress and so darn cute. Not my usual for sure!
  • One final thing were the two candy canes stamped and cut hand to the bottom of the bow area.

So what do you think? Festive enough? hehe

Like I said this is not my usual but I had fun with it. That’s the best part of this job…having fun and having things make you smile and giggle…..it’s the little things you know???

Have a  wonderful Day!

post signature

4 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Lee this is beautiful love the CAS look you have created and the doodles around the edge are just the right touch
Jacki xx
http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/

Sierra Crafter said...

Elegant or whimsical, it's very eye-catching.

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful card for any celebration! Fun and whimsical!

gale said...

This is really cute!! I love the little gems.