Yesterday I shared a beautiful little folder I did for our Saturday Event. It housed several Coupons for Freebies for our VIP Winner of the day but could easily be made into a card or house a Gift Certificate.
Here it is again with a full picture tutorial on how I did the leaves.
( pssst…rhinestones colored with a brown sharpie! )
- First thing you do is cut some leaves from the Autumn Accents Die from Stampin’ Up! I used Cajun Craze and More Mustard
- Then fold Leaves in half
- Place folded leaves at an angle in the Woodgrain Embossing Folder found in the Holiday Mini on pg. 33
- Run through the Big Shot and this is how they will appear
- Gently unfold as this folder creases deeply which is wonderful but will break down the fibers in the paper so be careful not to tear. The grab your Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip and Garden Green Stamp Pads and some Stampin’ Up! sponges.
- Let’s start with the Acorn….I cut that out in Crumb Cake Card Stock and also a scrap of the Champagne Glitter Paper. You will be doing some sponging but make sure first you line up the Glitter paper and crumb cake piece to make sure of the right side to sponge.
- Now sponge one side of the crumb cake acorn for depth. Then take you trusty Paper Snips and cut the top of the acorn off.
- I love the Mono Multi Glue to attach little pieces like this and it holds so well.
- Now for the leaves…..let’s start with the More Mustard leaf….ink up your sponge with the Cajun Craze and sponge over some of the ridges in the leave.
- Now add a bit of the Garden Green with a new sponge. Then sponge the outer edges with the chocolate chip ink. BTW I wash my sponges so they can be reused ….so they may appear stained…but they still work.
- Now let’s do the Cajun Craze Leaf. Ink with the Cajun Craze for a tone on tone effect and then enhance with adding Chocolate Chip ink to the edges.
- Here are your leaves and acorn just waiting for some adornment…..I made a single bow using some of the Crumb Cake Tulle and my Bow Baker (space with three holes in between)
P. S. Bow Maker available at the top of my blog. Right under where is says “Home” . Magic Bow maker is right under that and will bring you to the place you order it.
Here is your finished cluster of leaves and acorn….pretty huh??? Supply List to follow below for your convenience!
Autumn Accents Die # 127812 $21.95
Woodgrain Embossing Folder # 127821
Cajun Craze Card Stock #119684 $6.95
More Mustard Card Stock #100946 $ 6.95
Crumb Cake Card Stock #120953 $6.95
Glimmer Paper (Champagne) #127885 $4.95
Ink Pads: Garden Green # 126973, Cajun Craze #126965 and Chocolate Chip #126979 $5.95 each
Crumb Cake Tulle Ribbon # 127840 $6.95
If you would like to purchase these supplies I hope you’ll check out my online store…and please don’t forget to check out the Clearance Rack too. There are oodles of great buys there!!! You know I so appreciate your Business….and you get rewards too!
earn $25 in free Stampin’ Up! Merchandise when you fill this card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial…until next time!