I’ve got a fun card for your today. I hope you like it
We’ve got a great sketch today, I really had a lot of fun with this one. A Big Thanks to Selene and Gretchen for continuing to come up with fabulous sketches for us to play with.
Here is the sketch:
….and my interpretation.
I love the new Big Background Stamp called Pleasant Poppies. It’s not just for backgrounds you know. I stamped this beauty on Watercolor Paper and used my neglected Watercolor Pencils and colored in by starting the coloring using a mustard tone on all the flowers. I then went over with a reddish orange for the poppies leaving a bit of the yellow showing. I moved the color around using my Aqua Painter. Love to color like this.
- The card base is Vanilla and cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
- I used the new Large Scallop Edgelit to cut the bottom
- The Image was stamped on Watercoler paper and then cut to a 3” circle. The mat to a 3 1/4 circle and it’s Old Olive.
- The Polka Dot Mat using Polka Dot Parade is cut to 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 and and then mounted on Old Olive cut to 1 5/8 c 5 5/8.
- I did a double loop bow using Vanilla Seam Binding and attaching to the back of the polka dot mat. Then attached to the card base.
- I cut another polka dot piece to place on the inside and peek out the bottom. It’s cut to 3/4 x 5 1/2…love this look.
- I then popped the circle up with dimensionals.
- I went back and took my Bashful Blue Marker and drew a light line around the images and stems and then blended with my aqua painter to make the image pop. Hope you like it.
Have fun and see you next time.