Hope you are all having some Spring-like weather by now. I know here in Jacksonville we’ve been in the 80’s so hoping some of you snowbirds are starting to see a bit of sunshine and spring too.
It’s time for another Sketch Challenge over at Stamping 411 . I hope you will take some time to check us out this weekend. It’s so totally fun to play along or to just visit and see all the beautiful artwork.
Here is the sketch for the week:
…and my interpretation……
This is such a cute little set called “Up Up and Away”. I’ve not inked it before so thought I’d better. I chose to do my card in Pool Party and Lucky Limeade this week. I think it’s very soothing together. I hope you like it.
- I cute the card base from Pool Party and it is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
- The Lucky Limeade Mat is 3 5/8 x 3 7/8
- The Vanilla Image piece is cut to 3 1/2 x 3 3/4 and stamped with the cute little clouds and birds. I used Pool Party Ink and Basic Gray for the Birds
- I inked up the Hot Air Balloons in Pool Party and Lucky Limeade some with Ink Pads and some with my markers.
- I then cut them out and use Dimensionals to pop them up.
- The little strip of vanilla was just a scrap lying on my desk and measure 1/2” which I ran through the crimper and attached with Dimensionals and trimmed to fit the mat.
- The Buttons are from the Bitty Buttons and I punched the green circles with the cute little punches to match. I did thread a bit of twine through the buttons and adhered to the card front using glue dots…..that is it!
So when you mess up (we all do) just get creative and see what come of it….you might be surprised!!
Have a great weekend.