Friday, March 16, 2012

Stamping 411 Sketch 247 Up-Up and Away!!

Hi Everyone!
Hope you are all having some Spring-like weather by now. I know here in Jacksonville we’ve been in the 80’s so hoping some of you snowbirds are starting to see a bit of sunshine and spring too.
It’s time for another Sketch Challenge over at Stamping 411 . I hope you will take some time to check us out this weekend. It’s so totally fun to play along or to just visit and see all the beautiful artwork.
Here is the sketch for the week:
SSC_247
…and my interpretation……
Sketch 247 003
This is such a cute little set called “Up Up and Away”. I’ve not inked it before so thought I’d better. I chose to do my card in Pool Party and Lucky Limeade this week. I think it’s very soothing together. I hope you like it.
  • I cute the card base from Pool Party and it is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
  • The Lucky Limeade Mat is 3 5/8 x 3 7/8
  • The Vanilla Image piece is cut to 3 1/2 x 3 3/4 and stamped with the cute little clouds and birds. I used Pool Party Ink and Basic Gray for the Birds
  • I inked up the Hot Air Balloons in Pool Party and Lucky Limeade some with Ink Pads and some with my markers.
  • I then cut them out and use Dimensionals to pop them up.
  • The little strip of vanilla was just a scrap lying on my desk and measure 1/2” which I ran through the crimper and attached with Dimensionals and trimmed to fit the mat.
  • The Buttons are from the Bitty Buttons and I punched the green circles with the cute little punches to match. I did thread a bit of twine through the buttons and adhered to the card front using glue dots…..that is it!
Well not really…I have to fess up…..this was going to be a three balloon card until I messed up not once but twice!!!!! See the time Pool Party Balloon piece on the right side of the card? Well I place my marker on the edge and had to cover it….so I stamped another balloon and cut off a piece to cover it!!! yeah!! Well not really because when I moved it I placed it off the top of my work mat and kept working well the marker tip hit the top edge on the left of my card…..so I had to add yet another balloon!!! So I had to get creative to cover my OOOPPSS!!! hehe
So when you mess up (we all do) just get creative and see what come of it….you might be surprised!!
Have a great weekend.

post signature

4 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

So soft and beautiful Lee! i love how sweet this is. You would have never known there was an oops under there.

Kathy Mc said...

Great card, Lee, but most of all enjoyed reading your blog post about your extra balloon as a cover-up. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Looks like a fun sketch! Hope you had a very Happy Birthday!

JoAn said...

Love this card, Lee.

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful, Lee! Love the cool colors that you chose! Blessings, Gretchen