Friday, July 15, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch 212

Welcome back to my blog and another Sketch Challenge from Stamping 411!! I hope you can play along this week.

Here is the sketch:

ssc212

…..and my interpretation. Not sure how I feel about his one.

sketch 212

I love-love-love these colors and can’t seem to pull anything else from my paper wracks these days. I just love this color.For those of you that don’t know it’s Calypso Coral!!!

My card is a standard size and was cut to 4 1/4 x 11 and scored and folded.

The next layer is Basic Black and that is 1 7/8 x 4 1/4 for the mat on the left. The image piece was stamped with Black Stazon and showcases the Clearly For You Stamp Set. I’m so glad this little set made it to the Big Catalog. I love it. Anyway I stamped the little flower on Very Vanilla several times leaving room to punch out along with the butterflies too. Then I punched out using my Postage Punch. How cute is that. So I glued all these stamps onto a black mat cut to 3 3/4 x 3 3/4. So it didn’t look quite right to me and I had some left over Paint Spray I made up last week for my Tutorial and thought what the heck and gave it a few sprays. Well that was after I colored in the images. I popped that mat up on dimensionals and added a bit of black satin ribbon for the bow which I think makes it POP! One final thing was the sentiment. I stamped the flower on a scrap and colored and stamped the “For You” on it. Then I added a little bling and It’s  good to go.

I hope you like it. this one was a touch one for me. Not sure why but it was. I can’t wait to see what everyone else did.

Have a great weekend.

post signature

4 comments:

At Paula's Place said...

Are you kidding, this is gorgeous, it looks like a quilt. That paint spray must have been just the trick, wow, I love it. I can't wait to make a card from this sketch. Thanks for sharing

Bruni said...

Good morning Lee!
I really like your 411 card - will have to try something like this too. Thanks for shareing.
Enjoy day 3 of convention!

Stef Perry said...

Wowzer, this is stunning!!! Looking forward to getting my mitts on the new In Colors; this one is yummy! Love the beautifully colored butterflies on each square.

lindiloo said...

What a beautiful card!! love what you have done!!