Friday, March 5, 2010

Crazy for Cupcakes Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone,

It’s time for yet another sketch Challenge from Stamping 411…Selene has come up with yet another wonderful sketch for us to play along with.

Here is the sketch:

ssc141

…and my interpretation…..

Sketch 141 001     

I showcased the Crazy for Cupcakes set and colored with my Watercolor Crayons and an Aqua Painter.

The Regal Rose Card Stock was cut at 4 1/2 x 11 and folded in half. That is the card base. I ran it through my Big Shot with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder but not all the way. I wanted to leave some blank for my sentiment.

the striped strip is 1 x 4 and stamped with Regal Rose with my Solid Stripes Stamp. My mat layer is Chocolate Chip and cut at 2 7/8 x 3 5/8 and the image piece is 2 3/4 x 3 1/2

I stamped the image in Chocolate Chip and colored. I then added some Crystal Effects tot he Cupcake Stand and the Balloons to give a bit of shine to. The Balloon strings we drawn free hand with my markers using the fine tip. Oh! Lets not forget the cherries they are shiny too as I added just a bit of Crystal effects to them too.

That’s it for today. I hope that you will go on over to……..Stamping 411 and see what the other Operators have done and also play along.

I appreciate you stopping by and hope you have a …..

Stampinglee Good Day!

post signature

8 comments:

Karen said...

Oh I love this...it's PINK! :) Love your use of glitter!

Selene Kempton said...

This is so fun! I love all the pink and the hand drawn balloon strings. The crystal effects adds just the right touch. I hope you had a wonderful birthday this week. (((hugs)))

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Hello darlin. Way tooooo sticken adorable. The cupcakes are just perfect our special birthday girl. He he.
Your watercolour is done to perfection. I love the colours you have chosen as well really great.
Ouh and the dazzle. I just had a conversation with my friend about adding some glitter.
Way tooooo fabulous. Just like you.
Thank you for sharing your fabulous talent v

Linda Callahan said...

Love the texture and the glitter - just beautiful!

Patti Chesky said...

Too stinkin' cute!!! Love those handdrawn balloon strings.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

gbarron56 said...

Lee, your card is adorable and looks good enough to eat! WOW -- I love your style! Blessings, Gretchen

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Lee, Oh your card is so yummy, I love this set, and can see you do too! TFS, its been a long time since I have been on line, but I am getting better and back and hopefully will join in some fun stampin soon! Hugs always! G

Connie Babbert said...

Lee...I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday! Your card is definitely gorgeous!