Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Greeting Card Kids~Checkered Background Technique and Free Tutorial

Hi Everyone,

Don’t forget my Ribbon Share of the Week…it’ ends this Friday. I’ve already placed a couple of shares and have started another…..so do let me know by hitting the contact me button and putting Scallop Dots Ribbon Share in the Subject Line.Don’t forget to add your full name, address and zip as well as your email so I can send you a Paypal Invoice when the share is full. Click here for full details.

Now onto my card share and Tutorial for today…..

It’s time to get stamping again. Here is a cute card I did with the “Greeting Card Kids” Set from Stampin’ Up!

            Kids visit and checkered background 109

I love Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla….kind of gives this card a Nostalgic look…don’t you think?

Here is a little Tutorial for you! I hope you enjoy it.

Checkered Background Technique

This is a fun and easy Technique that you can do with the Stripes Embossing Folder. I hope you will give it a try…it’s easy…fun….and oh so cute!!!

First you need to take a piece of Card stock cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2

                         clip_image002

Next collect two of your colored pads that you will use,  a brayer, the Stripped Embossing Folder #123128 and your Big Shot.

                        clip_image003

Load your Brayer #102395 with one of the colors of ink and brayer onto the inside top portion (lettering on top) of your Embossing Folder. Then lay your cut piece of card stock in and crank it through your Big Shot. This is what you will end up with.

clip_image004clip_image005

Next rinse your Embossing Folder and your Brayer under water to clean and get ready for your next color. Make sure to wipe dry with Paper Towels.

clip_image006clip_image007

Brayer on the Second Color onto the cleaned Stripped Embossing Folder.

clip_image008 clip_image009

Lay your stripped piece across the stripes this time and run through the Big Shot again……see what you get???

clip_image010 clip_image011

Here are the elements I’ve used for my card…..Greeting Card Kids Stamp Set (w) #119887-$20.95 (c) #120633- $15.95. Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding #120992-$6.95.  Cherry Cobbler Card Stock #119685-$6.95 cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and then I trimmed the piece of checkered to 3 7/8 x 4 1/4. I used the Lace Ribbon Border Punch #122362-$19.95 to add a little border at the bottom just to introduce a bit of Always Artichoke #105119-#6.95 into the mix. I stamped the image with Black Stazon #101406-$7.95 and colored with my Aqua Painter #103954- $16.95 and Rich Regals Watercolor Crayons #119803-$16.95.

clip_image012clip_image013

I tucked the Triple Bow behind the checkered piece and secured with adhesive, and attached all to the front of the card base. I did pop up the oval image piece with Dimensionals. I had a little piece left over so included it at the bottom inside to finish it off.  

                              clip_image014

Oh and I didn’t use the button….just didn’t think it needed it. Hope you enjoyed this fun and easy tutorial and will give it a try.

The Triple Bow was made using my Magic Bow Maker that my husband makes and sells. You can click here if you would like to order one.

I hope you enjoy the tutorial…

To order any of the supplies used….please visit my website at http://www.stampingleeyours.stampinup.net

Thanks Bunches and Enjoy!

post signature

8 comments:

Debbie Martin said...

I love this card! Thanks so much for your tutorial, I'll be using it soon.
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Paper Potter said...

I'm squealing with excitement for this fabulous technique! I can't wait to WOW my students with this one. And, you used my favorite little stamp set ... can't get enough of these kids.

Miranda said...

This is adorable! TFS
Miranda :)

Rachel Brumley said...

Lee

I love that technique! I will add it to my New Techniques Class.

TFS!

Carol Carriveau said...

I have always loved checks and plaids...and am so thrilled that I can now make my own....thanks for sharing Lee...fabulous!!!

Newbie said...

THANK YOU sooooo much for the tutorial!! Pictures are worth a 1000 words! LOVE the card! Will be trying this one!!!

Unknown said...

This card and technique are totally awesome!!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #35 with a link back to your blog on 9-25-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your Blog Badge to display on your blog for being featured!!!

Take care
Tiffany Bauer

CreativSpirit said...

Lovely technique. TFS, I need to have that embossing folder now.