Friday, January 8, 2010

Southwestern Medallion


Good Morning Everyone!

I’m actually in Phoenix for Stampin’ Up! Leadership Conference. I didn’t want to miss the Stamping 411 challenge, so I posted this early. So here we go…….

Here is the Sketch:



I haven’t used this Stamp a lot and not sure why….I think I’ve just been buried in Christmas for months now!!! So anyhow I thought I’d pull it out and see what I could do with it.

I spotted a necklace I liked last night at a Vendor Fair that inspired me to do these colors. …and my interpretation….. Kind of Turquoise and Coral, don’t you think?

Sketch 133

I used our Soft Suede for the base of the card and ran it through the Big Shot using the Finial Press Embossing Folder. It’s stunning in person. I then matted it with Bermuda Bay and Dusty Durango. So pretty together.

I stamped the Medallion Stamp twice….once in Bermuda Bay and once in Soft Suede. I then cut the circle part out of the Soft Suede and attached it to the Bermuda Bay Medallion with Dimensional’s. I then took my In Color Markers and colored in the design and added a fire rhinestone brad.

The Dimensions for the mats are:

Dusty Durango Strip 1 1/8 x 5 1/2” and the mat is 3 5/8 x 3 7/8

Bermuda Bay 3 1/2 x 4”

White Image piece is 3 3/8x 3 3/4”

I used scraps for the sentiment.

Hope you enjoyed your visit. Come back and see me!

…and as always …/

Have a Stampinglee Good Day!

post signature

8 comments:

gbarron56 said...

I love the colors together, Lee! Don't you love it when inspiration jumps out and grabs you? The embossing on the card base is a nice touch as well. Thanks for the inspiration! Blessings, Gretchen

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

ahw you are so dedicated to your blog - to post early when you are having some fun times at Leaderdship - I wish I was there with you my friend! We sure could have a real blast :)
Your card is amazing - I love the colours your chose here and I think it's too cool on how you got your inspiration!
You are one smart cookie Lee!
I also really like how you highlighted part of the madillion with the circle to make it a focal point
brilliant
thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us.
Have fun my dear friend

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

ahw you are so dedicated to your blog - to post early when you are having some fun times at Leaderdship - I wish I was there with you my friend! We sure could have a real blast :)
Your card is amazing - I love the colours your chose here and I think it's too cool on how you got your inspiration!
You are one smart cookie Lee!
I also really like how you highlighted part of the madillion with the circle to make it a focal point
brilliant
thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us.
Have fun my dear friend

Selene Kempton said...

This is totally stunning. I hope you had a great trip to leadership. I missed you while you were gone.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. Marvelous color combo . Love your card!!

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful card, Lee! I love the colors. Was SO great to see you at Leadership!

stamperbeth said...

Love this! I wouldn't have thought to put those colors together but they work so well! I'll have to try something with them.

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, Lee, just like all your work. I love the color combo and the richness of it!
So good to see you last week, but I hate that we didn't get to spend more time together. Maybe at convention....