Friday, November 27, 2015

Wild About Flowers in Faux Silk

I am so excited to share my Faux Silk card with you today. I really love the way it came out. Hope you do too.
I belong to this awesome Design Team called “Totally Techniques” and we get to work with one technique a month. Today it is “Faux Silk”. It’s been a long time since I’ve done this technique and I’ve forgotten how much I love it.
totally techniques banner
Faux Silk:
Stamping on Tissue of Filter Paper than adhering to a piece of cardstock with Adhesive on all of it (card stock). Make sure to leave some wrinkles in it.
Faux Silk Technique for  November 2015
I’m excited about this card and my little secret. hehe
  • The card base is Shimmery White and cut to 4 1/4 x 11
  • The next layer is my secret layer….can you guess what it is? It’s the Vellum from the Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum Stack on page 23 of the Holiday Catalog!!!  I want to create a soft yet rich feeling for this grouping of flowers so this is what I did. vellum 2
  • I got a sheet of the stripped vellum and flipped it over…ta da!!
    :vellum 3
see…..
         vellum 1
I think it gives a beautiful soft look to the card and makes the eye concentrate on the image.
I am showcasing the Wild About Flowers Stamp Set on page 74 of your catalog and just love it and the ease of using it. My Colors are Mossy Meadow for the Green and Elegant Eggplant for the Flowers. Beautiful Combo I might add.
When I adhered the Vellum to the card I actually scored 1/4 “ across the top and adhered it to the back of the card base to hold it in place. So it just lays on top of the card base. Love that look. Plus you don’t see any tape though the vellum on the front of your card.
I wanted to follow though with a bit more color so added a simple strip of Eggplant Card Stock to the center of the card.
My image was stamped several times onto a piece of Filter Paper (pg. 148) with the stems and then the flowers to make this wild flower image. I then adhered it to a piece of cardstock using one of our Glue Sticks believe it or not and it worked beautifully! Make sure to leave a few wrinkles to resemble silk. I’m not a big wrinkle person so that was hard for me but there are a few! lol
I used the Ovals Framelits to cut and then mounted onto the card base that has the vellum attached.
image
I felt it need something so I took a few strings of the pearls that come in the Basic Pearls and added them in a semi arch to mimic the top of the oval…I think that finished it don’t you?
I hope you enjoyed my share today and that you will come back often. I love hearing from you too so please leave a comment and let me know you were here.
Listen…if I can help you with any of your stamping needs don’t hesitate to ask. That’s why I’m here!
Smile
Now make sure to visit the other Design Team Members on the Totally Techniques Team. They are so talented.
totally techniques next button
Have a fabulous day and Happy Stamping!
See you next time!

post signature

9 comments:

Heather Wright-Porto said...

Lee...this is beautiful!!!! Sooooo pretty!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!! great job!

stampwithamyk said...

What a beautiful card Lee! You image is just perfect with the technique. Love that you used the back of the vellum for your background. That's awesome!

Sandi MacIver said...

haha, great idea to flip that vellum over Miss Lee, and your card is stunning!

designbydonna said...

Very pretty card. I will have to try that silk look.

Patrice said...

Stunning card Lee :-) I love everything about it and I agree the little pearls finished your card off perfectly. Great tips too, never thought to flip the vellum over but I will be now.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card... would be a wonderful sympathy card.

Shelagh Freemantle said...

So beautiful...love the pearls on the bottom and top. Great idea on the vellum. Thanks and hugs.

Carol Carriveau said...

Beautiful!!!

CyAnn said...

I just subscribed to your Blog. I love your gorgeous card. I agree that your
"magical-secret" ingredient calmed the look. I have done this before, too and what a difference it makes. The pearls at the top of the oval does help to finish your card.
Thank you for Sharing.
Cindy