Time for another Sketch Challenge from Stamping and Blogging.
Here is the sketch:
…and my interpretation using the Kind Koala Set from Stampin’ Up! Isn’t this guy just as sweet as can be? I’ve had him awhile but this is the first time I’ve used him. He just happened to fit right into the image area on the sketch!
If he’s not cute enough…how about pairing him with some of the Go Wild Designer Paper Stack? I love-love-love this paper. Right at the top of the list for my fav’s!!!
- Cut a piece of the Designer Paper to fit the front of the card base. In this case 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and attach to card with adhesive.
- Stamp image onto image piece cut to 2 3/8 x 4. I stamped with Black Stazon as I didn’t want it to bleed.
- Color that cute little guy in with an aqua painter and your Tip Top Taupe Ink Pad. Hint: while your pad is closed squeeze your pad together in the center and it will deposit ink on the inside lid. Us that ink to color with. You may want to squeeze a few small drops of water to dilute to achieve the color you want. Then color.
- I did the flower using a Calypso Coral Marker and added a yellow candy dot to the center.
- Cut a Calypso Coral piece of Cardstock to 2 3/8 x 4 1/4 and attach your image piece to it.
- Using Linen Thread I wrapped it around the image piece four times and attached the ends to the back using glue dots.
- make four loops of linen thread and tie in the center with a piece of linen thread you have slipped under the linen thread on the card..trim the ends.
- I used a scrap of Designer Paper left over for the inside of the card to finish it off. It’s 1” x 4 1/4
That’s it! How easy was that?
Please make sure to visit the Design Team this week. You just know they have some super fantastic designs for you! That’s where I’m headed right now.
Here they are….the Stamping and Blogging Design Team!
Patrice Halliday-Larsen NZ
Amy Koenders – USA
Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
Lee Conrey – USA (that’s me)
Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
Kerstin Kreis – Germany
Don’t forget the weekly deals this week….they are pretty awesome! What a great time to stock up on Glimmer Paper for the Holidays!
One more thing! Have you ever thought you’d like to purchase Stampin’ Up! Product at a discount?
You can when you sign up to be a Demonstrator with Stampin’ Up!
Do it as a hobbyist or a business…your choice.
From now until the end of June you will receive two free stamp set during this sign up special. Cool huh? Combine that with the kit and it’s over $200 in product for only $99!!!! Now that’s a deal!!!
If you’d like more info please feel free to contact me or just hit the “Join My Team” at the top of my blog header.
Thanks for stopping in. Hope to see you back here really soon.