Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Bloom With Hope & Stamping and Blogging

Hi Everyone,

Back again for another fabulous sketch challenge from Stamping and Blogging. I found this sketch to be very difficult this week and saw a lot of paper hit the trash before I came up with this. I hope you like it! Sandi likes to challenge me and I love it! heheIMG_2853

Here is the sketch we had to work from. I think I stayed pretty true to the sketch this time! lol

sb79

Card Dimensions are:

  • Basic Black Card 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
  • Whisper White for the inside 4 x 5 1/2 and outside mat is 3 3/4 x 5
  • Crushed Curry Mat 5 1/8 x 3 7/8 and greeting strip 1/2 x 3
  • Extra Black for the Circle and white for the Flowers.

Directions:

  • Stamp and color your flowers and leaves using the stamp from Bloom with Hope Stamp Set using Memento Black Ink
  • Color in with your Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Old Olive Bendabilites (use the together to achieve really fun color combos)
  • Cut flowers out and a few leaves
  • Punch your Black Circles…using the 1” , 1 3/8 “ and 1 3/4  Circle Punches. Before punching the largest circle punch the 1 3/8 out of a scrap of Black….then punch out the 1/3/4 right of the hole you just punched to make a ring. That is my largest Circle.
  • Punch a 1 3/8 out of the white mat in the lower left corner. Stamp with the Gorgeous Grunge Set.
  • Add the Circle Ring with  Tombo Multi over the open Circle and attach the white mat over the Crushed Curry mat. You now have a window of sorts.
  • Add the other circles and embellish with cut flowers and leaves.
  • Stamp the Greeting onto the Crushed Curry Strip and add to the front of the card with adhesive.
  • Finish with a bow. I used the 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon in Hello Honey and colored it black with a Black Sharpie. Love how the edges have just a hint of yellow in them. I used my Magic Bow Maker of course! (Available at the top of my blog)

That’s it…..fun huh?

Supplies needed:

Now on for some more fun from the Stamping and Blogging Design Team. I can’t wait to see what they’ve all created!

Sandi MacIver – USA –

Amy Koenders - USA

Michelle Last - UK

Lee Conrey – USA (that’s me)

Claire Daly - Australia

Caroline van der Straatan - Netherlands

Marine Wiplier - France

Kerstin Kreis - Germany

Patrice Halliday – Larsen – New Zealand

Happy Stamping!

post signature

12 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, amazing...I absolutely LOVE it, you knocked it out of the park girlfriend....

stampwithamyk said...

Beautiful flowers Lee! Love the colors. Your splatter background is fantastic too!

Caro's Kaartjes said...

Stunninglee Beautiful Lee!

Michelle Last said...

Yellow and black work so well together and I love your colouring, great job x

Marine said...

The perfect combo Lee for a perfect card and colorisation !

Carol Carriveau said...

You totally rocked this Lee, love your colors and love that you used the fab Gorgeous Grunge stamps!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love your color choices and pretty flowers.

Claire said...

Another bold and beautiful creation Lee! I just love your use of bold colour. That background is fabulous too. Well done!

Christine Blain said...

Wow! Love this, Lee; it certainly doesn't look like you struggled with the sketch! The coloured ribbon looks velvety, and the rich colours of the blooms are just gorgeous.

happy stamper said...

Stunning card Lee, I love everything about it.

http://www.createwithstamps.co.nz/ said...

Lee your card is gorgeous, the colours work so well together and the flowers really pop. Think I might have to case this one :-)

Kerstin Kreis said...

awesome! you are really talented, thanks for sharing your ideas! i love your cards (even if i have not the time to comment every week!) :-)