Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas in the Making!

What a week of doing fun things to make Christmas Special for so many.

I hope you understand why there is no Card today but I /we have been a bit busy this week.

Here are a few Pictures of my Civitan Meeting where we presented check to the Alzheimer’s Association (we had a stamping event for them) and for The David Lamm Foundation of Jacksonville, Fl. He is a radio announcer here and each Christmas he (along with help from some friends) provides Christmas Gift Card to Target to kids who otherwise would not have a Christmas. I guess that’s why they call him Santa Lamm! So our Club had to help him out…it’s Christmas after all.

SAM_2684 SAM_2685 SAM_2687  

Then came yesterday and our Civitan group Ringing the Bell for The Salvation Army…..Here is Deb and Kelly’s kids ringing….didn’t get a picture or me or the others….we had a blast and I was overwhelmed by the generous donations by so many.

SAM_2689SAM_2688

After that I met Christina my fellow Civitan and Downline and Super Shopper Extraordinaire at our Storage Facility to finish filling the bags and sorting. Can you believe she did most of this shopping herself? She did! What a Rock Star with a Huge Heart!

SAM_2690SAM_2691SAM_2694SAM_2698SAM_2699 

She’s getting crazy and doing wheelies here!!! How funny.

SAM_2700

I am so thankful for all of my team and Civitans that helped. My Jacksonville STARS Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators (Susan, Janet, Donna, Lisa S, Gina, Lisa T, Christina, Judy and myself raised money for almost all of the gifts and My Civitan Group supplemented the money needed to complete our Angels. How awesome it is that we took care of 50 children!! I’m so proud of all of my girls and their willingness to share what they love in a unique way and that’s helping people.

My final thanks is to Bluewater Storage Center here in Jacksonville for allowing us the space to do this. Without them this would not have happened. It’s a great facility and I highly recommend you check it our if you are in the area and need storage.

That’s it for today….just wanted to send some Christmas Cheer your way and let you see what I’ve been up to.

I promise to resume card shares this week. Honest!

Merry Christmas everyone and do something nice for someone today.

Hugs!!

post signature

1 comment:

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous work Lee...but your ladies are always there to help you and you all make such wonderful work and do such great community work! TFS!