Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wisteria Meets Blue and Great News!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share a cute little box with you that I made last week. It’s all got to do with my Little Tutorial on how to make these GORGEOUS Flowers. Well I think so anyway…I hope you do too. Tutorial available on the Right Sidebar.

For those of you that know me, you know I’ve wanted to offer simple tutorials that everyone can use. They will be simple things that we all can make with little effort . We all know I like Simple Elegance and Hope to offer that to you by way of Project Sheet Tutorials. My little instruction sheets (yes there will be more) will cover a variety of projects. So keep watching for the next one. It’s great news for me….I hope it is for those of you that have been asking me to do this.

This Tutorial is for the Flower only and is the Flower I put on my Convention Hat (see right side bar). Here it is done in Bashful Blue and Wisteria Wonder and sitting atop a box.

flower box white background 006The box bottom is done with Bashful Blue while the top is done is our new Beautiful Wisteria Wonder. I ran a few pieces of it through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and then sponged on some Wisteria Wonder to age it a bit.

The box Dimensions are 8x8 for the bottom scored at 2” on all sides. The top is 6x6 and scored at just a smidgen less than 1” on each side.

I hope you like this little box as much as I do and I hope you will consider making one of your own and sharing it with me.

As always….thanks for stopping by!!!

post signature

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is really beautiful, Lee! I love the Bashful Blue with the Wisteria. It's a beautiful combination! Thanks for the info on the box. I'm thinking about the tutorial, but I believe it uses one of the big dies that I don't have. I love your simple elegance! It's always such a source of inspiration for me!

Susan said...

this box & flower is fit for a royal wedding! you are totally amazing with anything that passes thru your fingers!

Kristi Kelly said...

The box & flower are beautiful! I've made a lot of different flowers before,but never these colors together. I love these colors! Can I ask what Punch you used to make these flowers? I missed not getting to chat with you & Sandi at Convention this year. I did get a glimse of Sandi at the LNS Pre-Convention activies, but I was teaching and couldn't run over there & say hi.
Take care & thanks for your wonderful blog!
Kristi Kelly
www.stampinwithkristi.stampinup.net
http://www.kristiskraftykreations.blogspot.com