Friday, June 3, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge # 206~Love and Care

Hi Everyone,

Time for another Sketch Challenge from Stamping 411!!

Here is the sketch:

ssc206

…and my card:

Here is my creation using the “On the Grow ” Set…..

 sktech 203-206 and tpc 022

The Dimensions for this card are:Old Olive 8 1/2 x 11 and the Marina Mist Mat is 4 x 5 1/4, followed by a Whisper White mat that has been run through the  Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I made a little piece of DSP using the Stripes Stamp ( I love doing that) and stamping one way in Marina Mist and the other way in Old Olive.  I cut that piece to 1 7/8 x 3 7/8 and mounted to an Old Olive Mat that has been scalloped on the edge.  I then adhered a double bow made out of my very all time favorite Seam Binding Ribbon. The next mat measures 2 7/8 x 3 5/8 in Old Olive and the image piece is 2 3/4 x 3 1/2. I used the Love and Care Level 2 Hostess Set for this one and used my markers to color. I decided to add a bit of sunshine to this card using my 1” punch and some Daffodil Delight sponged on with a tiny piece of sponge. I then popped the image piece up on Dimensionals. I hope you like it and will play along. Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

11 comments:

Patti Chesky said...

Another stunning card Lee! I love your homemade dsp. Can you believe my stamp still remains uninked? Oops!

Barb in Ontario said...

A beautiful card! Love it!

Barbara Taylor said...

Love this card and the colors. Making your own DSP - stripes, wow. Thanks for putting your measurements for the layers. I hurry to make cards sometimes and thats where I run into trouble, cutting the right size. Your card stands work great. no more looking for ways to display my cards.

Anonymous said...

I too love this card, the colors, the handmade DSP and the measurements for the layers.

Marsha W.

Christyne - Stampin' UP!® Demonstrator said...

Love, love, LOVE the idea of homemade DSP! I've done it with the one sheet wonder technique, but not like this! Need to order that stamp now - LOL!

Bonnie said...

Lee, this is absolutely beautiful! I love that pop of yellow! It made a great card WOW!

Joan said...

This is gorgeous - everything about it is so delicate.

Kerin said...

Lee your plaid dsp is fabulous, and it works so well with the texture below!! Gorgeous as always :)

Connie Babbert said...

I always love how you use that stripe stamp for plaids! Wonderful card.

Selene Kempton said...

This is so pretty! I love the beautiful colors!

Tiffany Bauer said...

This is breathtaking Lee!!! Just beautiful!! And your bow is to die for!!