Friday, February 18, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch 191

Here we are again…..another Sketch Challenge from Stamping 411 hope you’ll play along.

Here is the sketch:

ssc191

…and my COLORFUL !!! Yes you read right….my COLORFUL and flipped interpretation. hehe

Sketch 191 002 

It’s amazing how fast and easy this card was and how I just knew what I was going to do with it. I just felt like a little sunshine in my little world today (it’s raining) and these colors came to mind. I’ve got Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight and Peach Parfait going on here. The various colors are just repeat stamping for lighter and darker shades. I had forgotten how fun that little technique is. I had just mentioned it to a new downline the other day and I thought to myself…you need to bring that oldie back…..

So here is my Repeat Stamping Card hope you like it.

The base of the card is Poppy Parade and cut at 4 1/4 x 11. The Embossed mat is using Peach Parfait and is 4 x 5 1/4 and run through the Big Shot to add the textured dots using the Polka Dot Embossing Folder. The Poppy Mat for the image is 2 x 3 5/8 and the image piece is 3 1/2 x 2 7/8. I drew the stems with a Wild Wasabi Marker and added a little ink smudge to the bottom of the vase to ground it.

Speaking of the vase it’s done with the Extra large oval punch and cut off at the top and bottom. I used two thin strips of Peach Parfait to decorate with and added them with my 2-Way Glue Pen. Then added the tiny pearls for embellishment. Now it kind of looks like a barrel but that’s alright. I kind of like it and will take a barrel of flowers anytime.

The Stamp Set is Sweet Summer and I didn’t think it was my favorite one but is sure making it’s way to the top as I've had more fun with it.

I then used some of out Poly Twill Ribbon in Poppy Parade and did the Thank You from Curly Cute in Poppy as well.

So there ya go…..easy, peasy Colorful Card for this weeks challenge. I hope you will play along.

Have a good one!! 

post signature

14 comments:

Patty said...

Thank you for inspiring me! I have awarded you with the stylish blogger award! Please see my blog for all the details!!

http://rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com

Have a great day!
Patty

gbarron56 said...

Lee -- I just love the colors are this card -- so bright and sunny (thinking Spring here!). Fabulous touch, as well, with the double row of pearls on the vase. Such a great idea! Great job! Blessings, Gretchen

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...makes me wish spring were HERE right now! We've had wonderful temps in the 60s this week...but now more snow is on the way! Love the barrel of flowers and pearl details! Gorgeous, Lee!

Kathy said...

I love the colors you used in this card -I would put this out on a table in an easel for a little bit of sunshine in our home

Adair said...

What a bright, sunny card! It's so nice to see this when it's 20 degrees where I live!

Kerin said...

Lee your card is so summery & fresh! Love the color combo, and what a perfect planter of flowers :)

Selene Kempton said...

I just love this vase and have already cased you for my workshop this afternoon. (((hugs))) and thanks for being so brilliant! :D

Dale Morin said...

Love your card. Love the colors! TFS

dj said...

awesome...love your bow...what is your trick???

www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

Carol said...

Agree with all comments....!!!! And the bow maker is awesome!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just love everything about this beautiful card! The colors are so bright and cheerful, the bow is perfect and those little pearl accents...just fabulous! :)

Lisa Hensley said...

love seeing the perfect polka-dots folder used with the Peach Parfait. What a pretty, spring-like card!

Patti Chesky said...

Love the pop of colors on your flowers! Wow!!!

Patti said...

I really like this card and went crazy over the flower...I believe it is from Bliss not Sweet Summer too bad I didn't get either one!!!