Thursday, November 4, 2010

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone,

I’d like to share my interpretation of the Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge this week. As you know (or maybe you don’t) I’ve been one of the Operators there for over a year now or since we started the group…or should I say Selene started the group. She hand selected us for may different reasons so that we could offer you a huge variety of stamping styles. I think Selene accomplished her goal in doing that. This wonderful group of talented women have been a pleasure to work with and have taught me so much. They are the best…so I hope you will visit the Stamping 411 blog and see they’re style.

Here is the sketch that we all had to work with this week…

SSC176

…and my card…..

sketch 176 060

I wanted this card to be serene and cool. So I choose to use the gorgeous Pear Pazazz Color along with white….Pretty cool huh? The only other hit of color is the red bird.

Cardstock sizes are Card Base White 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, White Mat 3 3/4 x 5, Pear Pazazz Mat is 3x 4 and the image piece is 2 -7/8 x 3 -7/8. I added the Pear Pazazz Poly Twill Ribbon which matches perfectly and some glitter to the snow. I then decided to cut out three snowflakes using the Merry Details Sizzlet and attach them with dimensionals and then glitter them up.

Tip: I always glitter last to avoid losing some of the glitter and to keep myself from being totally glittered. My husband just laughs when he sees me. He ALWAYS knows when I’ve been stamping!!!

Thanks for stopping in and I hope you’ll play along with us this week.

post signature

14 comments:

Susan said...

Another beautifully elegant card from the Queen of White. Love it!!!!!

Terry said...

This is a very serene card. I love the red bird!

Terry

Sandra said...

Absolutely stunning...

gbarron56 said...

This card is Classic Lee Conrey, if there ever was one! You have such a beautiful, elegant style, Lee. I love to see what you create each week! Please, keep inspiring me! Blessings, Gretchen

Unknown said...

Oh! I love it Lee! So sparkly and beautiful. The red bird is a great accent!

designbydonna said...

Another totally gorgeous card. The red bird is a great accent.

Adelle said...

I used the ironing board one evening for a card I was creating. I didn't tell my husband he had a few specks of glitter on his face before he went to work. However, his first grade girls thought he was so cool! Remind your husband that glitter is a two way street!

France Martin said...

LOVE this card I can feel a case coming. Love that red bird and all the rest Pear
Great job!

Stamping and Scrapping with Amy said...

WoW Lee, this card is stunning!!!!!

Selene Kempton said...

Another gorgeous card Lee! I love how even the glitter looks. Just a two way glue pen for that? Mine always seems to look blotchy..

Kerin said...

OMG I love all of that glittery snow!!! Another set that needs to be added to my wish list, thanks Lee ;)

Patti Chesky said...

Do you know how many times I have been "outed" due to glitter? Ugh.....stamping is definitely more fun than cleaning! Love the colors...and the little touch of red on the bird just makes this card so spectacular!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! This is stunning, Lee! Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog!

Connie Babbert said...

This is SO beautiful...I'll definitely be casing it for sure! Gorgeous!