Friday, August 27, 2010

Stamping 411 Peaceful Season

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to another Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge.

Here is the sketchssc166

…and here is my interpretation of the sketch.

I’ve showcased the Peaceful Season for this card….I’m sort  of loving the simplicity of it and ease to work with it. Of course the Designer Series Paper make’s it super easy!!

Peaceful Season 002

I’ve actually got a lot more going on than meets the eye here. Like the Brayered Background on the Cherry Cobbler as see below….

Peaceful Season 003

I did this by Brayering ink onto the texture plate and then placing my card front on it and running it through the Big Shot.  Fun and easy and WOW Technique.

The first layer or scrap is 5 1/2” wide by just 1” or whatever you have handy…I only wanted it for the top Chocolate Chip Layer. Then I attached it to the Very Vanilla 1 3/4 “ x 5 1/2 “ and then the DSP 1 5/8” x 5 1/2”

I punched out some 1 1/4” circles and cut them in half for the bottom treatment. Then I placed my Ovals on top using two layers of dimentionals to pop it up even further. I could have used our pop up glued dots but that would have required me getting up and getting them….sometimes I’m so bad!! I added a Holly image that I cut out of the DSP and then a bit of ribbon and lace with a Vintage Brad Wrap….ooohhh I like that name…”Vintage Brad Wrap” I think I’ve got something there!!!

Anyway I hope you will check out what the other Operators are up to, they always have the best of the best to share. Thanks Selene for another wonderful Sketch….you’re the BEST!!!

Hope you can play along this week….

Thanks for stopping by and as always

Have a Stampinglee Good Day!

post signature

16 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Sweet! Great technique GF... I love the beautiful vintage ribbon.. and that would be great for a larger class. Amazing job!

Unknown said...

Lee, I love this so much I don't even miss the white! Simply beautiful my dear! Love the ribbon/brad treatment!

Ellen said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the way you did the ribbon and the Vintage Brad Wrap! :)

Rose Curtis said...

Beautiful card Lee, and I can't believe it ... there is no white to be found on your card! ;D

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Lee!!! Love all the details you put into this card and that vintage brad/ribbon treatment is awesome!!

Kerin said...

This is drop-dead gorgeous Lee! I don't even know where to begin with all that I love about this card, so we'll just say everything!!!

sandi maciver said...

wow you are just full of amazing little techniques this morning - you go girl. I'm going t have to use that circle idea, I like that one and your card turned out just fabulous, another LEE masterpiece

Vicky said...

Beautiful card lee! LOVE the vintage look of it and the brayered background!!

Sharon Carr said...

I love everything about your card! It looks so clean and simple until you really look and all these wonderful extras pop out and wow you!

Stace said...

Very Rich colors!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is gorgeous!

Patti Chesky said...

This card is amazing! I am loving the Vintage Brad Wrap. I am using that one for sure!!!

Connie Babbert said...

STUNNING card, Lee! Love the colors on this card...great details with the ribbon, too! LOVE it!

Basslady said...

a beautiful card! so clean and noble!

xoxo silvi (germany)

catscrafts said...

This is soooo nice!

gbarron56 said...

simple? Perhaps! But oh, so elegant! This is just beautiful! And you always have the best ideas for ribbon treatments. That is the perfect crowning touch! Thanks for sharing, Lee! It's wonderful! Blessings, Gretchen