Friday, February 5, 2010

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge

Good Moring Everyone and welcome to another week of Stamping 411 Sketch Challenges. Phew! Where does the time go?

I hope you will play along this week….it’s an easy challenge and we are ready to see your fabulous entries.

Here is the sketch:

ssc137 ………and if you’d like to play along just go to Stamping 411 to submit your entry.

….and here is my interpretation:

Stampin 411 Sketch card Very Vintage Wheel 002

The card base is a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of whisper white card stock.

My black mat is cut to 3 1/4 x 5 1/8 and I’ve used the new punch from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure on it.

The white image piece is 2 3/4 x 5 and rolled with the fabulous Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel. I rolled a bit extra and cut our a butterfly and flower to color and pop up.

I use a bit of 1/4” Black Grosgrain and my little Thank You stamp was stamped on a scrap piece of Cardstock and popped up with dimesnionals as well. I’ve colored in some of the leaves in the background with Mellow Moss to keep it soft and muted. The flower is done with Pretty in Pink and same on the Butterflies….Mellow Moss and Pretty in Pink.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my little share today and will play along this week over at Stampin 411.

Thanks and as always….

Have a Stampinglee Good Day!

post signature

11 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

This is stunning! I was challenged by this wheel, but now i'm seeing some possibilites!

Unknown said...

This is so very pretty Lee! I love the little pink flower on the black and white - this is so completely Lee! Great job!

Patti Chesky said...

So shabby chic. Love everything about it especially how you colored in portions of the wheeled design.

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful, Lee...love that black and white...so elegant!

gbarron56 said...

Wow, Lee -- this is striking! Love the contrast with the black and white and the tiny pink flower is a great finishing touch! Fabulous job, as always! Blessings, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I need to use this wheel more!

Sharon Carr said...

I love black and white cards, and this one is fabulous! Isn't the wheel a great accent to use? Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

I love b/w cards and that little hint of pink is just fabulous!

Mer said...

This card is absolutely eye-catching. It reminds me of those painted black and white pictures with just the right things highlighted. Very lovely.

stamperbeth said...

So elegant! Love that little pop of pink.