Saturday, August 22, 2009

One of a Kind

Good Morning Everyone!!! It’s Saturday and you know what that means!! It’s time for another Sketch Challenge from Stamping 411. I hope you’ll hop on over and play along.

Every week all of the Operators come up with our interpretation of the sketch….it’s amazing to see what everyone has done with it and of course it's wonderful to see what all of you do too! One little sketch so may possibilities!!

Here is the sketch:

ssc113 and here is my interpretation.

One of a Kind 010 

I was just itching to do a card with the “Night and Day” Designer Series Paper and really showcase it. I then went through my catalog to see what stamps I had to sort of match it….when BINGO I came across the “One of a Kind” Stamp Set. I haven’t used it in quite awhile but the flower to me resembled the pattern on the paper. So there you go!! I paired it with White and Black Cardstock with just a touch of pink. I used my watercolor pencils and colored in the flower with a little help from my Aqua Painter, added a cute little pink button tied with linen thread and there you go. Easy Peasy!!!

The dimensions for the card are:

White Fold over 5 1/2”x8 1/2”…DSP 3”x4”….Black 2 1/2” x 4”….Pink strip 1” x 4”.  The mats for the image are Pink 2 1/2” x 3 1/2”…Black 2- 3/8” x 3 3/8”…..White image piece 2 1/4” x 3 1/4”.

I hope you enjoy today's Challenge and join in the fun.

Thanks for visiting and come back soon….

In the mean time have a …….

Stampinglee Good Day!

post signature

4 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Lee and a fab stamp set too! Love the colours and paper. TFS

Alex said...

This is a beautiful card Lee!! Your blog caught my eye when I saw you are from Jax and a demo - that is where I signed up!!! Love your creations and have you bookmarked - I WILL be back!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Selene Kempton said...

I love your color combination! The pink white and blacks are just gorgeous!

Beate said...

Beautiful card, Lee. Love the colored image, the pink/black/white combo and how you added the ribbon.
Hugs and smiles