Friday, August 22, 2008

Storm Watch and Lovely as a Tree in Red and Gold


Good Morning Everyone!
Well so far we have weathered the storm fairly well. We have four Palm Trees by the Pool that are leaning and uprooted. We're hoping that they can be anchored down and saved once the wind passes. This was even after my husband tied them down and anchored them. It's not that the winds were Hurricane force but it was a consistent force and still is. I'm hoping for a break in the weather soon. I have a workshop tonight and am not sure if it will take place or not. I have a camp tomorrow and don't know if it will happen either. The good thing is that we are safe and have power! They're are almost 80,000 people here in Jacksonville, Florida with no power so I feel extremely blessed.
On to my card......
don't you love the "Lovely as a Tree" Stamp Set? You can virtually do anything with it. I think I have used mine so much that the rubber is wearing! Is that possible? This is a must have set for anybody that enjoys rubber stamping or anyone that wants to learn. It's so easy and versatile.
I decided to do a red card today and used gold to jazz it up a bit. All I've done was stamp the image in Gold Encore and add some Gold EP to it and heat. I like the idea of multi-layers to bring in some more gold. I then stamped "Noel" from the "Many Merry Messages" Stamp Set and embossed that as well.
I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by and have a..........
Stampinglee Good Day!
Lee


post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lee, how beautiful! So hurricanes inspire Christmas cards? Bring it on!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic Christmas card! I usually send out about 40 cards at Christmas and this is one I could definitely do!
Thanks for the idea!
Lorraine
www.lorrainerowe.blogspot.com

loyaz said...

So elegant in Red & Gold - thanks for the inspiration.