Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Gift from the Garden for Stamping & Blogging

Hi Everyone,

Great to be back in the swing of things. Been busy, busy with travel and then playing catch up with clubs and my Charity Event we did this past Saturday…..so it feels good to just breathe and do a simple little card for the Stamping and Blogging Sketch.

Here is the sketch:

SB109 

…and my card

Gift from the Garden

Just a clean and simple card featuring the new Gifts from the Garden Set. I love this little set. It was one of the first I ordered.

I got to use the new Heavy #100 Whisper White Card Stock for the Base. OMG! I’m in love with this new weight for White Cards….you just know I am. So sturdy and reliable to not bend or fall when displaying. To die for!!!

I wanted to play with my markers today so decided to turn the sketch. Hope you don’t mind Sandi.

I cut a piece of Whisper White 80# to 2 1/4 x 3 7/8. I then inked up the stamp with my markers. I used Bermuda Bay,Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry for the pots. The greenery on the two end pots is done using Old Olive. The one in the center is done with Wild Wasabi. Oh and the tiny little flowers are done with a Pumpkin Pie Marker. So you just color right onto the stamp and add the color where you want it. Of course the ink will dry….so you huff on it (heavy breathing required) to remoisten and then stamp. Comes out perfect if you huff enough and stamp quickly. I added just a touch of basic gray using my aqua painter to the bottom area under the pots. Didn’t want to have them seem suspended in air. haha the Bermuda Bay Strip is cut to 1/2” x 5 !/2 “. I added a glue dot to the back of each side and wrapped a bit of Bakers Twine around it to give a bit of a rustic feel to this all white card. Then I attached it to the card with glue dots. The image piece is popped up with Dimensionals. I stamped the little shovel to match using my Basic Gray Marker & Crushed Curry Marker for the handle and the slate marker for the little shovel part. I then cut out and attached with glue dots.

That’s it!!! I hope you like it.

Supplies needed:

Hope you’ll visit the rest of the Design Team….. and don’t forget to play along if you can.

Sandi MacIver– USA – Sandi MacIver- Canada

Patrice Halliday-Larsen NZ

Amy Koenders – USA

Michelle Last – UK

Shelagh Freemantle – Canada

Lee Conrey – USA (that’s me)

Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands

Kerstin Kreis – Germany

Have you seen the weekly deals this week? Oh my!! Some really great things in the mix below. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

As always thanks for stopping in. See you next time!

post signature

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Lee, your little row of flower pots is just adorable.

stampwithamyk said...

That's awesome Lee! I love your little flower pots, I just got this stamp set...thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Shelagh Freemantle said...

This is fabulous. Love the threads around the strip!!!And the coloring rocks. Hugs from Shelagh.

Carol Carriveau said...

Sooo sweet and simple....great design!

Patrice said...

Simple but very effective, love what you have done with this week's challenge.