Friday, August 10, 2012

Stamping 411 Winter Memories

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge. As always Selene and Gretchen have come up with yet another fabulous sketch. I hope you will take the time to hop on over and play along.

Here is the sketch:

SSC 268

…and my imterpretation

SAM_1402

I’ve used the Winter Memories Set for this card and just love this set. It brought back so many childhood memories for me.

  • I stamped the skates in Soft suede and took my aqua painter without ink and just blended with water to give the skates a touch of color. I then added some green to the leaves and cherry cobbler for the berries. I then ran my image piece through the Big Shot with one of the framelits.
  • Then I took my new paper piercing mat and one of the templates to add the piercing all around the edges….so fun. To top that off I decided it needed a bit more color so I took my Cherry Cobbler and did some faux stitching in between the holes.
  • The Dsp is from the “Be of Good Cheer” Designer Series Pack and was cut to 2 x 4 1/4
  • Before I attached the DSP I added two strips of Cherry Cobble Polka Dot Ribbon that is Scalloped and flipped it over and used the solid side to make the scalloped edge. Kind of a cheater scalloped edges…so simple.
  • I then attached the Image piece with dimensionals and added a sentiment. So easy.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today…come back often and enjoy your day!!!

post signature

5 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Beautiful, Lee...the skates are perfect for this card!

Cathy Parlitsis said...

I've enjoyed the 411 Blog and the beautiful creations all of you have shared.

I know this has been a labor of love and it was appreciated by all, I'm sure!

I will miss the blog but I wish all of you only the best and send lots of love and hugs!

Thanks again!

Tammy said...

I've enjoyed working with you over the past year, and really enjoyed meeting you in person at Disney! You're a wonderful person, and I'm blessed to know you!

Selene Kempton said...

What a great experience 411 has been. it is time for a break, but it was so much fun. Hugs to you!

Erna Logtenberg said...

Hey Lee! Just red the announcement at stamping 411, I'm gonna miss the sketches every week!
Your card is lovely as always!
Much love :-)