Friday, June 24, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch #209

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to another Sketch Challenge from Stamping 411!

This was really a very fun sketch to do. I love the different panels and possibilities here.

Here is the sketch….

SSC_209

…and my interpretation.

sketch 209

The colors for this card are So Saffron for the card base which is 4 1/4 x 11. The Mat is Basic Black and is 4 x 5 1/4. Then the mats are Just Add Cake DSP (from the new catalog) 2 1/4 x 3 1/2, the Calypso Coral (my new fav) is 1 5/8 x 3 1/2 and embossed with the Square Lattice Folder….the bottom horizontal so saffron piece is 1 5/8 x 3 7/8 and embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder!!! I love my Big Shot…..dont’ know what I would do without it.

The Image Circle is punches with the 2 1/2 Circle punch and the Black Circle Mat was cut on my Circle Scissors to 2 3/4. The Butterfly is from the Nature Walk set.

I colored the Butterfly in with my So Saffron and Calypso Coral Markers and added some Dazzling Diamonds. The Sentiment is from Happy Greetings in the Summer Mini.

It still needed a bit more so I added some dots to the circle with my black marker. That’s it. I hope you like it and hope that you will play along with us on the Stamping 411 Blog.

Have a Great weekend!!!

post signature

8 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

So very pretty! I love the colors! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

love love love this card...so fresh and clean and pretty!

Victoria said...

I agree! I absolutely adore your cards and blog! Great approach to a simple sketch.

Connie Babbert said...

Love the colors on this, Lee, and how you decorated the circle! Great job!

At Paula's Place said...

So very pretty. Love the color combo and the black sets everything off. Great work

Patti Chesky said...

Love, love, love the colors Lee! I think you just might make me fall in love with Calypso Coral!!!!

Unknown said...

This is one of the pretties card I have seen!!! Your cards are always so clean cut and gorgeous!!

lindiloo said...

Your work is absolutely amazing Lee, love to brows your blog. Thank you for sharing!!