Friday, February 25, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch 192~Engraved Greetings

Hi Everyone,

I’m kind of excited about today’s Sketch Card from Stamping 411. I don’t often do Man Cards and decided to give it a whirl. I wanted to use this new set I got called Engraved Greetings. So here goes….

The sketch….

SSC192

And my Manly Card!!!!

Sketch 192 003

I just love this Cherry Cobbler and Hound's-tooth pattern together. I hope you do too. When I saw this little set I thought, hmmmmmmmmm Engraved should be embossed, so I did. It’s so rich looking IRL!!

I embossed the Happy Birthday Stamp in Black Embossing Powder for the image piece and punched out and then made a faux mat to go behind in black. My Square is cut to 3 3/8 and The black Mat behind is 3 12 square. The Dry Embossed mat was cut to 3 78 x 5 1/8 and the Black Mat under that is 4 x 5 1/4. I then mounted on to a Cherry Cobbler card that is 4 1/2 x 8 1/2.

Can you see the little strip of DSP peeking out from the inside of the card?

The little design is followed thorough with a stamp that I think matched pretty well and it’s from Artistic Etches and add a little finishing touch to the card along with a little ribbon shredding with some stripped grosgrain.

That’s it for today. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will visit the other Operator’s Works as well.

Have a great weekend!!!

post signature

8 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Ohhhhh, VERY rich looking! I do love the Cherry Cobbler and Houndstooth together! I just got that stamp, too...can't wait to CASE your card!

Kris McIntosh said...

I have to agree the Cherry Cobbler and the houndstooth look so rich together. Great card.

Denise Willerton said...

I love your 'man card' Lee ~ another great card that I just have to CASE ~ have a super weekend Lee!

Kerin said...

LOVE your masculine card, and the Cherry Cobbler really makes the houndstooth pattern a stand out!

sandi maciver said...

Lee this card is so handsome, and now I need to go and buy this stamp, tee hee you little enabler you.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend

gbarron56 said...

Wow, Lee -- the houndstooth and cobbler combination are so striking together! What a great masculine card! Blessings, Gretchen

Carol said...

What a great card...I'd never thought of this combo but it's very nice...love the black and white on most anything!

Lisa Hensley said...

I love this! The layout and color combination are gorgeous.