Friday, November 20, 2009

Cardinal Christmas

Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome to yet another Sketch Challenge from Stamping 411

I hope you will take the time to play along this week. The sketch was done by our illustrious Sketch Artist Selene Kempton. Doesn’t she do a fabulous job???

Without further ado….here is the sketch for the week:

ssc126 

…and here is my interpretation.:

Sketcch 126

When I first saw this sketch I knew exactly what set I would use. I chose Cardinal Christmas by Stampin’ Up! Isn’t the Bird exquisite?

It’s kind of like magic when you look at these sketch's and go through the Stampin’ Up! Catalog, so what I do….kind of see what fits. It’s pretty easy for the most part. I’ve started taking my sketches with me for Doc Appointments…Hair Appointments, you name it. If I have some time I’m figuring it out. So before I sat down to stamp I had figures out what I would do on paper. So cool!!! I hope you’ll play along!

Here are the Cardstock Sizes:

Real Red Card Base: 5 1/2”x 8 1/2 “ Stamped with Red form the Cardinal Christmas Set

Very Vanilla Strip 1” x 4 1/4”  Embossed using out Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder and the Big Shot

Designer Series Paper 1” x 4 1/4”

Old Olive 2 3/4” 3 1/2” Embossed with the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder

Vanilla Circle 3 3/4” Stamped the Cardinal Image and colored with Markers

Stamp Sets:

Cardinal Christmas, Itty Bitty Backgrounds.

Ink: Black Stazon

Markers

Thanks for stopping by, make sure to visit Stamping 411 to see just what the other “Operators” are up to.

Have a Stampinglee Good Day!

post signature

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Lee, I haven't used this stamp set all season and you've inspired me to take it out again with your beautiful card. It's so lovely and perfectly your style! Gorgeous job as always!

Patti Chesky said...

Lee, this is absolutely gorgeous. My in-laws would adore this card as they are avid bird watchers. Wow!!!!

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Fabulous Card Lee
The colouring is so very well done - my favorite thing is to colour - and I really admire anyone who do it as well as you have on your image
the texture and layers are just so beautiful!
Thank you Lee for the wonderful inspiration
PS Question for you (when we do two challenges into one on the Stamping 411 challenges do we get disqualified for the 5 top choices?)

Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous card! Your cardinal is just gorgeous!

RDH said...

This card is terrific. I just purchased that embossing folder and I am so happy with it. Your image is beautifully done.
Heather RDH

gbarron56 said...

Amazing, Lee -- Christmas Cardinal is on of my favorites and you did an absolutely beautiful job with this one! The watercoloring, embossing, everything is just perfect! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Gretchen

Selene Kempton said...

I just purchased this guy and cant wait to break open the box after seeing your awesome work! You are fantastic Lee!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!! Stunning. perfection. I love how you've colored the cardinal ... The embossing... the colors. I love it.absolutely beautiful!