Saturday, May 2, 2009

Good Morning Everyone,
I've made an Instruction Board with all the details on making this gorgeous flower. Please scroll down to view and read instructions.





























Scalloped Sculpted Flower Technique
You will need one Scallop Circle from the Scallop #2 Die (the larger of the two) in Designer Paper.
5- Small Oval punches in a coordinating Designer Paper of your choice
1- Five Petal Punch in a Different Designer paper
1- Long strip for the center of the flower cut at ½” x 12”

1. Mark the center of the scallop circle
2. Cut away every third scallop you will have an extra at the end cut that away too. Only cut to within a 1/2” of the center. See Example………
3. Once cut take the bone folder and curl away to form the petals.
4. Place a large pop-up glue dot in the center.
5. Curl ovals to form petals and adhere to first glue dot
6. Place a few regular glue dots on top of the ovals and adhere the Five Petal Punch Piece.
7. Take your long strip and fold in half and then in half again. Cut thin strips but not through the other side. Place Mono Adhesive on the
intact area of the strip the whole length.
8. Roll Tightly. Spread the inside to form the center of the flower.
9. Attach to the flower with a Pop Up Dot.
10. You did it!!! Attach to card or Gift Bag or make an Arrangement.

post signature

1 comment:

Jan Hoyt said...

I absolutely can't believe that I am the first to comment on this wonderful tutorial you shared on how to make the sculpted paper flowers! I had to borrow that particular die but I used your great instructions to do a sculpted flower for a Big Shot class that I did today. I liked it so much that I even used some of my hoarded stash of the vanilla HPH label frames for the sentiment on the card! Yes, that is serious business...lol!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you so much for the great step by step instructions and the little visual chart you shared on getting the flower done. Very cute and everyone enjoyed it at the class today. And yes, I definitely give credit....my friends know that I am not all that talented, only a good copycat! However I did change up the card with different c/s DSP and slightly different layout....hey, a gal has her pride! Jan